Why A Cleaning Visit From Rag Mops Is Safer Than Ever
We hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy during this holiday season. As an essential business, Rag Mops will continue to aid our community during these unprecedented times by helping prevent the spread of infection. We continue to educate and train our entire staff on the most current practices and recommendations, and we have always used EPA certified products to clean your home.
As you know, this year we have implemented new procedures to keep your family’s wellness our top priority. With a second wave of Coronavirus here, please be sure to consider the following:
- We ask that you adhere to social-distancing guidelines set forth by the CDC and remain in one room/section of your home while we are present.
- Please ensure you are alerting us as soon as you are aware of exposure. Cancellations, especially last minute, not only impact Rag Mops, but also the livelihood of our Cleaners.
- We understand things right now may be uncertain, so we are waiving our cancellation fee due to any COVID-19 concerns.
- If you or someone in your household are exposed to COVID-19, we need you to quarantine for 14 days and confirm a negative COVID-19 test before we can return to your home.
- If you choose to not be tested, we will be happy to return 28 days from exposure.
- If you or someone in your household tests positive for COVID-19 or show any symptoms, we will not be able to return to your home until everyone tests negative and it has been 14 days since the last symptom.
- If you choose to not be tested, we will be happy to return 28 days from the last symptom.
- We also offer enhanced disinfection services – Fogging and the Flu and Virus Buster.
As a reminder, to ensure your safety, some of our new procedures are:
- Prior to clocking-in each day, Cleaners answer questions pertaining to their health, including their temperature and if anyone in their household is sick.
- Upon arriving at your home, Cleaners disinfect their hands using an approved alcohol-based hand sanitizer. All equipment is sanitized before entering your home with hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Cleaners are required to wear gloves and a face mask while in your home.
Thank you so much for your understanding; we appreciate you and your cooperation during this time to keep both your family and our staff as safe and healthy as possible.
We are so grateful that our efforts over the last 9 months have kept our team Covid-free!
Rag Mops has been a leader in the home cleaning industry and in our community for almost 20 years. We have also been cleaning for cancer patients with Cleaning For a Reason for over 12 years. Rag Mops has developed a cleaning process and system that we believe will help keep our client’s homes clean and healthy during COVID-19.
Is it safe to have Rag Mops in my home?
In a word. Yes. Compared to other jobs, our professional cleaning technicians have minimal social interaction with the public, and we have implemented strict social distancing policies that limit their contact with one another and the public at large. Whether your concern is COVID-19 or any other virus, you can be confident that we are following all OSHA and CDC guidelines.
What additional safety measures have you taken?
We think one of the most important safety measures we have in place is our flexible attendance policy. If an employee is not well or someone in their care is not well, they know we cannot have them at work, regardless of how minor the symptoms might be.
We ensure our staff are healthy and safe to work every day with temperature checks and a personal certification that they have not had contact with anyone with COVID risk factors daily (they must answer all questions prior to being able to clock into our system).
We are asking the same of all of our clients. If they are not well in any way we are asking that they let us know and not have us visit. We are not cleaning any spaces that have had suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19. In addition, we are limiting our ability to serve anyone who has been ill in the past 14 days.
In an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19 or any other possible virus, we are also asking clients that have travelled outside the state or country recently to let us know and we will wait at least 14 days until we can service their homes. We are asking this of all our new customers as well.
In addition to our annual Safety Training we now have all our staff complete a COVID-19 Safe Cleaning Certification through Modern Cleaning, an educational entity in our industry.
What about your tools and equipment?
We have secured a large supply of personal protective equipment for our staff including hand sanitizers, masks, disposable gloves, and shoe covers. In addition, our cleaners have always carried protective eyewear and gloves.
We only use clean tools in your home. This was the case long before COVID-19 even existed. All disposable items like magic erasers, are discarded before leaving each home. All hard equipment is disinfected before leaving the home and sanitized each week.
Cleaning cloths and mop pads are where we are very different from other cleaning companies. We have always believed that only clean cloths and mop pads should enter a client’s home. Other cleaning companies may only issue their cleaners a few cloths for the whole day while we have as many as they deem necessary.
At Rag Mops Cleaning Service, when a color coded cloth is used it is immediately taken out of service, this is especially true for high-risk surfaces such as bathrooms. Our flat mop pads are soaked in a cleaning solution. They are used and then changed frequently so as to not cross contaminate. When you compare that to a traditional mop system, you can see that we have always emphasized safety and efficacy in our cleaning process.
Are you cleaning spaces with confirmed COVID-19 cases?
No. We will not serve any homes or spaces with confirmed COVID-19 cases at this time. Current guidelines are that it is safe to do so 14 days after the last symptoms have passed, but in an abundance of caution and to limit the spread of COVID-19, we are not taking any jobs of that nature at this time.
Do the products you use kill to the COVID-19 coronavirus?
No company can guarantee to kill what is unknown and this includes the COVID-19 virus. We will not make any such claims but we can tell you our natural sanitizer -kills 99.99% of common bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella enterica, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Streptococcus faecalis, and Escherichia coli). And when used as a virucide-kills 99.9% specified viruses (Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2, Influenza A2/Japan, HBV and HIV-1). This product is used in hospitals and schools and is safe for you, your kids and your pets, but tough on germs.
Why is cleaning important right now?
When a surface is soiled or dirty, it provides a perfect breeding ground for pathogens to adhere to and thrive. A thoroughly cleaned surface makes it much harder for a pathogen like the COVID-19 to adhere to.
Right now we know that COVID-19 likes metals, plastics, and solid non-porous surfaces best. COVID-19 does not adhere well to vertical surfaces but settles and remains on horizontal surfaces for up to 3 days depending on the type of surface. Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces regularly is an important deterrent to the incidental spread of COVID-19.